Ethos & Values
St Alphege CE Infant School is a place where all children are valued and given a sense of self worth. We help everyone to feel proud of their personal and academic achievements, which we sensitively challenge through an atmosphere of praise, encouragement, happiness and fun.
We recognise and nurture individual, spiritual and moral strengths through an extra layer of support that being a Church School brings.
In this way every child is helped to develop the necessary skills and confidence to enjoy growing and learning together. Our responsibility and collective focus is to ensure every child can enjoy and be successful in…
“Learning to live, loving to learn”
We aim to provide
- A happy, friendly and inviting place for everyone
- Close and trusting partnerships between home, school and the wider community
- Learning through a curriculum that develops skills, curiosity and confidence
- A calm atmosphere, encouraging thoughtfulness for each other and good behaviour
- Stimulating and stretching learning experiences that excite a passion for lifelong learning
- A fair and safe community where everyone’s views and values are heard and respected
A Promise to Children
In our school, we believe that all our children are entitled to
- Have fun and enjoy coming to school every day
- Develop self-confidence and a sense of worth
- Achieve and celebrate their potential in all areas of learning
- Be treated fairly, kindly and with understanding
- Be treated equally whatever their gender, background, race or ability
- Develop physically with an understanding of health and well-being
- Gain skills to solve real-life problems
- Learn from a rich and inspiring curriculum
- Learn about music, the arts and the environment
- Make decisions about learning and working with others
- Understand how to become good citizens
Being Part of a Church School
As a Church school we believe in a community where we:-
- have the right to love and be loved regardless of differences
- promote an awareness of spiritual thinking and reflection
- develop sensitively to the needs of others
- nurture a deep appreciation of the world around us
- build resilience to cope with set-backs and see positivity
Our St Alphege Values
Our St Alphege Values are routed in the gospel and teachings of Christ. The six St Alphege Values are:
These are embedded in our policies, curriculum and activities and are clearly seen in all that our school family does together.
We learn about:
- Building a strong and supportive Community (Koinonia)
- How to ask for and show Forgiveness
- Trust is essential to human life and is at the heart of all relationships.
- Kindness and being kind to one another is an important part of building a strong community.
- The importance of Love in our world and lives.
- Discovering our inner contentment, enjoyment of life and happiness with others so that we can share our Joy with the world.
This leads to a school where children and adults are valued and secure.