Our CHRISTIAN ETHOS
"Loved, Inspired, Shining"
Our vision is for:
• Each person to know they are loved as they are by God, flourishing and reaching their potential.
• All our families to live life in all its fullness, inspired to learn through a creative curriculum.
• Our school to “Shine like a star”, bringing hope and courage to our community.
Being Part of a Church School
As a Church school we believe in a community where we:-
- have the right to love and be loved regardless of differences
- promote an awareness of spiritual thinking and reflection
- develop sensitively to the needs of others
- nurture a deep appreciation of the world around us
- build resilience to cope with set-backs and see positivity
Our Christian Values
Our St Alphege Values are routed in the gospel and teachings of Christ. The six St Alphege Values are:
These are embedded in our policies, curriculum and activities and are clearly seen in all that our school family does together.
We learn about:
- Building a strong and supportive Community (Koinonia)
- How to ask for and show Forgiveness
- Trust is essential to human life and is at the heart of all relationships.
- Kindness and being kind to one another is an important part of building a strong community.
- The importance of Love in our world and lives.
- Discovering our inner contentment, enjoyment of life and happiness with others so that we can share our Joy with the world.
This leads to a school where children and adults are valued and secure.