Sport Premium Information
Sport Premium at St Alphege
Through the Sport Premium funding, our school spend this funding in a sustainable and effective way which will improve our long-term provision of Physical Education in the curriculum alongside extra-curricular sporting opportunities. Half of the money we will receive has been funded by the Department of Health and therefore will also be used to improve opportunities for all children to adopt healthy lifestyles during Fit and Healthy specialist PE lessons.
At St Alphege it is our vision that all children leave our school physically literate with the developing knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
We aim to improvements in the quality of PE and sport against 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day of which 30minutes should be in school.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
Ofsted inspectors consider "How well the school uses its Sports Grant to improve the quality and breadth of its PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performances they are capable of."
Ofsted will look carefully at how we spend the funding and the impact it is having.